Pozitive Change is a personal leadership development and success education company. I do not make any false claims that I am a qualified life coach – although that is one of my goals using the curriculum I distribute.
An informed and knowledgeable gentleman kindly informed me earlier today that I am stupid. I will be eternally indebted to the man for he has effectively demonstrated how easy it is to look at something and assume you know everything before asking any questions or seeking any validation.
For example, he informed me that I am categorically in an MLM business because my next line manager earns money from every sale I make – even though my next line manager does not earn profit from the sales that I make.
Apparently, I grow my business by selling the program to other people and I receive commission on that and that also makes my business MLM. Really? Well, how does earning commission from sales make something MLM? Hmmm - maybe I should contact the global distributor Amazon for their opinion...
He also informed me that most serious business people would not touch what I do with a barge pole. He has two friends that have made millions from MLM but he would not stoop that low... does that sound like the observation of a friend or the observation of a bitter and jealous person?
Indeed, when colleagues are successfully generating tens of thousands on a regular monthly basis, I would class them as serious business people. However, someone who complains about the success of other people doing something they would not do themselves is unlikely to be a serious business person but is likely to be a negative influence.
The gentleman advised that he has studied so many self-help programs over the years and that nothing new has happened for 20 of them. I wonder if the person might benefit from studying the programs again because he does not seem to have learned much to be so unwilling to accept other people's ideas.
So who would you prefer to hang out with? Someone who continually tries to undermine you and tell you that you're stupid and wrong or someone who encourages you to see good where-ever possible and go for your dreams?
No comments:
Post a Comment